Time and time again I hear of people upset and frustrated that they are “eating healthy” but still can’t loose weight. Here are 6 common foods that I often see as the culprits.
These foods usually cause people to hold on to the extra pounds because they are all higher in actual carbohydrates than people realize. ALL carbohydrates increase blood sugar and cause the body to produce insulin, the fat-storage hormone, to process them and clear them out of the blood.
- Dairy – Yogurt – Milk – Whey -Cheese
- Nuts – Nut Flours – Nut Butters
- Gluten-Free Products
- Artificial/Fake Sweeteners
- Starchy Veggies – Corn – Peas – Potatoes – Squash – Carrots – Beets
- Beans and Legumes – Hummus – Tabbouleh
You’ve heard me say it before but worth repeating:
To feel your best and get the lean and healthy body you want, you MUST understand some simple biology of how proteins, fats and carbohydrates actually work in your body. It’s not complicated but it’s critical!
Once you understand that not all calories are created equal, you will realize being fit and at your ideal body weight is not just a matter of “calories in and calories out”. This is an out-dated, hypothesis that we now know is inaccurate. We are not robots. Our bodies are WAY more complicated and dynamic than that! Rather, we now know there is a specific hormonal and chemical reaction to the different macronutrients in food which directly determines both your body weight and your moods. And please read your labels so you know what you are actually putting into your body!
You don’t have to quit your day job to be fit. Just a little knowledge (of the hard science) goes a long way 🙂
Latest posts by Amy Fournier (see all)
- My 5-Minute Habit that Sets My Day Off Right! - October 7, 2017
- - August 24, 2017
- 12 Steps to Self-Care - July 28, 2017
- Maybe You’re Not Hungry…Maybe You’re Actually THIRSTY Instead! How To Know If You’re Dehydrated - July 3, 2017
- The Real Sugar/Carbohydrate Content of White and Whole Wheat Bread - June 21, 2017