Amy Fournier considers herself a reformed People-Pleaser turned Healthy Lifestyle Entrepreneur. She specializes in emotional fitness, stress and energy management, work-life balance, natural health and beauty from the inside out.
She is the Founder of Miami Fitness & Lifestyle®, a lifestyle club located in North Andover, Massachusetts, which is a unique fusion of specialty fitness classes with community and fun for women. Amy considers herself to be a student of life and a work in progress – she is also an artist, workshop presenter, dance/fitness/yoga instructor, author, International fitness cover model, philanthropist, friend, daughter and lucky Mom to cute little fur-baby, Charlotte.
Take a moment and get to know Amy!
Daring Spirits: Tell us about a decision that felt really bold.
Amy: Gosh, there have been so many times in my life where I feel life has given me the opportunity to be bold, brave, and daring and go out of my comfort zone and move from where I was, and they all involved a lot of fear and uncertainty. Thinking back on them, they all involved a lot of doubt and it was always scary to make the move I knew I had to do. Here are some top ones:
1. Deciding to get a divorce and then starting over
2. Leaving everything I knew: a safe and secure life with all my friends and family and established business to move to Miami, Florida, by myself and without any solid connections, job, or plan!
3. Opening my own club! This was certainly a BIG HUGE one!
All of these decisions forced me to dig deep and take action and just leap despite the fear and insecurity. For some reason, I’ve always had something driving me and I’ve known that the only way I can evolve and grow into the person I was meant to be was to risk and to keep expanding – just like the entire universe does. It is our example of how to live.
Daring Spirits: Describe a time when things went “wrong” and then the Universe delivered.
Amy: Well, if I understand this question correctly, I think you’re asking about a time when I thought something was “bad” and it turned out to actually be for my highest good. If so, I have to say that I just love when that happens – it’s one of my favorite things, and I find it so comforting! It’s like God’s way of winking at us and letting us know He’s out there and in charge and got our back’s so we don’t have to worry.
I have one very clear example of this. Let’s just say God removed someone from my life whom I thought was good for me and replaced them with some one SO much better than I could have ever dreamed. At first, I felt devastated and couldn’t image how I would carry on; yet at some point I realized that it was the biggest blessing in the world and actually an answer to my prayers!
Daring Spirits: What’s one thing you really want people to know (about the world, about you, about life — this is your chance to drop some knowledge!)?
Amy: I’d say to relax, to trust, and to just be yourself. Fight for the life you want, and to be the person you want to be. Stay focused on what matters most to you and what’s real. Go within for the answers you seek, and then have the courage to heed the answers that you will feel from your heart/your body. It always knows what’s best for you and what you really want.
At the end of the day, all we have is each other, and the love and connections we have created and shared are all that matter. That’s it. Nothing else is really that important. Have the courage to just be yourself; it sounds so simple, but it’s so rare to see today and took me over 40 years to finally get it myself!
DS: Beach or Mountains?
AF: Gosh, both – it’s like saying left hand or right to me!
DS: Sweet or spicy?
DS: Window or aisle?
AF: Aisle!! (gotta be able to get up!)
Daring Spirits: Stay focused on what matters most. Wise words, Amy, thank you for sharing your insights and energy. It’s clear to us that you’re aligning with what makes you light up!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DARING SPIRITS AND ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS THEY OFFER HERE!
Finally a place to go where you can meet all of your fitness, social and fun needs!
Miami Fitness & Lifestyle™ is a one-of-a-kind place:
We are a holistic lifestyle studio with a social conscience…and we want you to make us your second home.
At Miami Fitness & Lifestyle™ we service your body, mind and soul:
- We service your body by offering the most exciting, diverse and innovative group exercise *classes taught by some of New England’s top instructors
- We service your mind by offering various wellness and lifestyle programs to help reinforce your health and fitness goals at home and to help make positive changes a part of your regular life
- We service your soul by offering fun social events, activities and FUNdraisers where you can feel connected, supported and entertained as well as part of a group of friends and community
We want to be more then the place you just go to “take a class” or “workout for an hour a few times a week and then go home”. We want to be MORE than that!
Think of us as the Cheers of fitness!
You see, we aspire to support and enhance your life…beyond the studio or gym- to turn you on from the inside…to light you up and make you feel like you have the tools you need to be your best in every regard: so you feel healthy, fit, strong, inspired and connected to a special group of friends so you can then be your best self.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, then join our email list for updates. We look forward to meeting you.
*FEATURING OVER 35 CLASSES A WEEK including Zumba®, Vixen Workout®, Hip Hop, Bootcamp, Barre, Pilates, Yoga, POUND® Drumming, Cize®, Yin Yoga, Brazilian Bootie and a whole bunch of specialty classes and programs.
Miami Fitness & Lifestyle™
Turn on your life!
202 Sutton St
North Andover, MA 01845
I am honored to be featured in CocaBang Fiercely Feminine Magazine’s mission to inspire women to tap into their own greatness. Thank you for allowing me to share my views and some of what works for me.
I am so incredibly humbled and grateful for the amazing opportunity to meet and learn from Oprah Winfrey.
At her Live The Life You Want Tour, Oprah and her team of leading edge holistic health and self-help experts inspired, informed and entertained a huge crowd of thousands this past October.
I’ve always admired Oprah for her courage, strength, compassion, generosity, spirituality and open-hearted style of living and her life of service to others. That’s why I feel so incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to spend a weekend with her and to hear her wisdom, advice and guidance on how all of we can live a more fulfilling and joyful life.
… and now, of course, I want to share all I’ve learned with you!
So I am putting together a brand new workshop where I’ve combined some of the principles that Oprah uses in her life, combined with my own healthy lifestyle practices and tips -all wrapped up in one fun, life-changing 90 minute workshop. Be sure you are on my email list for workshop updates.
Be prepared for you life to change in a big way!
Here are some highlights from my time with Oprah:
- What you believe determines your destiny
- You are the master of your fate; the captain of your soul
- Your life is validated by sharing your gift in service with others
- We all want the same things: to be heard, valued and to feel our lives have meaning
- Newton’s Law is a big one: What you put out always comes back to you in equal measure
- Always be responsible for the energy you bring into the room/Learn how to manage your vibration
- Failure is life pushing you in a different direction
- Be excellent…it’s the best antidote to any prejudice or resistance
- All trials stand outside you to test you and to see if you know who you really are
- Surrender is opening your arms to the universe after you’ve done everything you can do to that which is greater than yourself
- Life will always mirror what’s inside you/How you feel about yourself will be reflected back
- You become what you believe
- Trials build strength and strength builds power
- Live the life YOU want! (not someone else’s)
Color Me Rad Miami
Sun Life Stadium, February 2014
Seriously the most fun I’ve had in years!
My ears, teeth and clothes where still full of color days later, but well worth it! A big MUCHO GRACIAS to my beautiful team of dancers: Gianna, Norma, Mayela, Valeska and the girls.