So you think you’re ready to jump in and join the party? HOORAY! I can’t wait to meet you 🙂 Here are a few tips to help make your experience and amazing one:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE TO CLASS
- Bring a bottle of fresh water and a towel
- Wear comfy exercise cloths like tights/sweatpants/shorts, exercise bra and T-shirt or tank top or whatever makes you feel fly
- Some classes require a mat- like Flex Appeal, RIPPED Fitness Circuits, Turbo Toning, Body Barre Fusion, Bootcamp and Yoga (Please just ask or read in the class description)
- Wear supportive, not “old”, quality exercise sneakers (DO NOT wear running sneakers for any dance-based class)
- Know your limitations, injuries, etc. and feel free to ask instructor how a movement can be modified if you need
- Carry your exercise sneakers if weather is bad to protect the floors and everyone’s safety
- Please do not wear perfume in class
- Have your healthy Recovery Drink ready for you in the car to refuel your body. (SEE VIDEO ON MY RECOVERY DRINK HERE)
- Listen to fun music in the car to get you in the mood
- Be sure to sign up for my FREE newsletter so you hear of new classes, special events/FUNdraisers and other hot stuff
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Classes and events are open to the public and Drop-ins are always welcome space allowing.
- Once you arrive, tell the person at the front desk you are new so we can welcome you!
- Please be sure to sign a waiver and get proper medical clearance prior to participating.
- Grab a free pen, fun bracelet and maybe take a peak at our lifestyle boutique items.
- Make sure you know where the bathrooms are (at the front entrance) -you might want to use before we start!
- Take breaks as you need them and listen to your body.
- Remember that every instructor is different and has their own style. If you find a class is not to your liking, please check out another class/instructor to keep your party going!
- Relax, have fun, be patient with yourself and let give yourself time to learn. Each time will get easier (and more fun!)
- Please come introduce yourself to me – I want to meet you – either before or after class.
- Feel good about yourself that you took some time to do something healthy, positive and energizing for yourself…GOOD JOB! 🙂
The following two tabs change content below.
Amy Fournier is a former People-Pleaser now Healthy Lifestyle Entrepreneur. She specializes in managing and maximizing ENERGY, emotional fitness, natural health and beauty from the inside out. She is the Founder of Miami Fitness & Lifestyle®, located in North Andover, Massachusetts which is a unique fusion of specialty fitness classes with community and fun for women. Amy considers herself to be a student of life and a work in progress – she is also a vlogger, author, International fitness cover model, workshop presenter, dance, fitness and yoga instructor, philanthropist, friend, daughter, nap-lover and lucky Mom to cute little fur-baby, Charlotte.
Latest posts by Amy Fournier (see all)
- Maybe You’re Not Hungry…Maybe You’re Actually THIRSTY Instead! How To Know If You’re Dehydrated - July 3, 2017
- The Real Sugar/Carbohydrate Content of White and Whole Wheat Bread - June 21, 2017
- 6 “Healthy” Foods That Are Keeping You Fat - June 15, 2017
- What’s In My Travel Bag (Healthy!) - June 9, 2017
- Debunking the Saturated Fat-Cholesterol and Healthy Diet Myth - June 4, 2017