So you think you’re ready to jump in and join the party? HOORAY! I can’t wait to meet you 🙂 Here are a few tips to help make your experience and amazing one!
Before You Arrive to Class
- Bring a bottle of fresh water and a towel
- Wear comfy exercise cloths like tights/sweatpants/shorts, exercise bra and T-shirt or tank top or whatever makes you feel fly.
- See if you need to bring a mat. Some classes require one: like Strength Circuits, Dance ‘N Sculpt, Body Barre Fusion/Booty Boot Camp, Bootcamp and Yoga.
- Wear supportive, quality exercise sneakers that are not more than 6 months old. (DO NOT wear running sneakers for any dance-based class!) See more on what to look for in a sneaker and how to know when it’s time for new ones
- Know your limitations, injuries, etc. and mention them to the instructor before class. Perhaps you can get tips on how a movement can be modified if you need.
- Carry your exercise sneakers if weather is bad to protect the floors and everyone’s safety (plus it will make them last longer and look better!)
- Please do not wear perfume in class.
- Have your healthy Recovery Drink ready for you in the car to refuel your body. (SEE VIDEO ON MY RECOVERY DRINK HERE)
- Listen to fun music in the car to get you in the mood!
- Be sure to sign up for my FREE newsletter so you hear of new classes, special events/FUNdraisers and other hot stuff
When You Arrive
- Classes and events are open to the public and Drop-ins are always welcome space allowing.
- Once you arrive, tell the person at the front desk you are new so we can welcome you!
- Please be sure to sign a waiver and get proper medical clearance prior to participating.
- Grab a free pen, fun bracelet and maybe take a peak at our lifestyle boutique items.
- Make sure you know where the bathrooms are (at the front entrance) -you might want to use before we start!
- Take breaks as you need them and listen to your body.
- Remember that every instructor is different and has their own style. If you find a class is not to your liking, please check out another class/instructor to keep your party going!
- Relax, have fun, be patient with yourself and let give yourself time to learn. Each time will get easier (and more fun!)
- Please come introduce yourself to me – I want to meet you – either before or after class!!
- Feel good about yourself that you took some time to do something healthy, positive and energizing for yourself…GOOD JOB! 🙂
The following two tabs change content below.
Often described as a combination of Lucille Ball, Beyonce and Mother Theresa, Amy Fournier is a former People-Pleaser turned Healthy Lifestyle Entrepreneur who’s all about creating and maintaining GOOD ENERGY! She believes a fit body and mind go together and specializes in natural health and beauty methods from the inside out. Amy is also the Founder of Miami Fitness & Lifestyle®, located in North Andover, Massachusetts which is a unique fusion of specialty fitness classes with community, education and fun for women. Amy considers herself to be a student of life and a work in progress – she is also a vlogger, author, International fitness cover model, workshop presenter, dance, fitness and yoga instructor, philanthropist, friend, daughter, nap-lover and lucky Mom to cute little fur-baby, Charlotte.
Latest posts by Amy Fournier (see all)
- What Are the Best Shoes for Dance Fitness, Zumba or Working Out? - January 18, 2018
- Top Tips For Avoiding the Winter Blues! - November 29, 2017
- Top 10 Weight Loss Mistakes - November 9, 2017
- My New Healthy Habit I Can Do In My Jammies! - November 2, 2017
- My 5-Minute Habit that Sets My Day Off Right! - October 7, 2017