Are you often confused and overwhelmed by all the different and conflicting information on how to eat? 🤯
Let’s cut thru the confusion! ⠀
I agree, it can be very confusing where to begin and who to listen to, and although I certainly don’t have all the answers, I can share with you what I’ve learned in my 25 years PLUS in this industry and what has worked for me 🙋🏼♀️. ⠀
Here are 10 easy yet powerful rules of thumb that can really help dial in your wellness and turn up your fitness and energy too. Make them a part of your regular lifestyle and watch the results take off! ⠀
- Drink plenty of pure, filtered (non-tap!) water during the day and BETWEEN meals.💦. ⠀
- Eat at least one raw salad per day with a variety of low-starch veggies and greens – organic of course!🥗. ⠀
- Avoid sugar and fake, chemical sugar substitutes (Splenda, Aspartame, etc.) AND high fructose corn🍰 ⠀
- Eliminate table salt, fried, smoked all processed/fake foods 🍟. ⠀
- Include small amounts of free-range, lean protein from healthy, responsibly-raised animals 🍳. ⠀
- Each day be sure to eat some natural fats like fresh grass-fed butter, avocado, a SMALL portion of raw unsalted nuts/seeds, raw organic coconut butter or cold-pressed olive oil 🥜. ⠀
- Shop the perimeter of the store (that’s where the healthy stuff is!) 🏬. ⠀
- I do not recommend regular consumption of “fancy designer” shakes/meals, packaged/boxed meals or the reliance on expensive programs (many reasons for this which I can extrapolate in if you want!)🥤. ⠀
- Be mindful of not only what you eat, but HOW you eat. Slow down, be present, chew your food and actually taste and enjoy it!
- Don’t use food as a substitute for something lacking in your life, as a reward or some other emotionally-based reason – see my recent post for help on Emotional Eating!