“Our boundaries have one job, to take care of us.” – Sarri Gilman
My guest on this episode is Sarri Gilman. Sarri is a super successful Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), TEDx Speaker and author of 3 books who’s ground-breaking work on how to create and enforce healthy boundaries and recover from overwhelm and trauma has helped millions. She has a private practice where she lives on Whidbey Island in Washington, USA.
Some of the key topics we discuss include:
– Creating emotional boundaries
– The cause of overwhelm and how to fix it
– What is a “Yes’, what is a “No”
– How to tune into and hear your intuition
– A fun role-play with Amy and Sarri!
– Dealing with other people’s anger, disappointment and disapproval
– Remembering “other people’s feelings belong to them” and are not for you to “fix” or try to manage
– Honesty, authenticity, trust and intimate relationships and how to navigate fairly and respectfully so everyone’s needs are met
– The influence of self-respect and how to “hold the line”
– What exactly is self-care and how is it related to personal boundary setting
– The #1 key to having sustainable self-care and the importance of fun
– Depression and sadness and listening to your “Yeses”
– Help dealing with and recovering from workaholism, numbing out, self-sacrifice,
– The 7 Key patterns that get in the way of setting healthy boundaries
***Sarri was kind enough to offer listeners of Awakening Aphrodite podcast and subscribers to FitAmyTV on YouTube, a special DISCOUNT CODE: “AWAKEN” for 20% off!!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SARRI HERE:
Check out her online course on her website: www.sarrigilman.com *Remember to use my discount code “AWAKEN” for 20% off!
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcat5n2K_71BCVp8pkeXk9g
Enjoy and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and rate and review the show before you go!
Thank you so much,
Awakening Aphrodite Podcast on iTunes and Spotify
@FitAmyTV on Instagram
Fit Amy TV on YouTube
Amy Fournier on FB