We all want to be happy. One of my favorite books (for so many reasons!) is The Pleasure Zone, by Dr. Stella Resnick. In it she shares the common traits that people who say they are “happy” have in common.
I’m sure you’ve heard how research shows that wealth is not a predictor of happiness or satisfaction in life.
We ALL want to be happy! So if it’s not money, or social status or fame, what is it that makes people truly happy?
I wanted to share with you one of my favorite books, The Pleasure Zone, by Dr. Stella Resnick. It’s a classic, and in it Dr. Stella shares the common traits that people who say they are “happy” have in common.
So have a look.
I wonder which ones can you check off and which ones are unfamiliar to you. Perhaps you can consider incorporating the missing ones and see how it works and if doing so helps lead you to…well…perhaps more HAPPINESS!😊
- Tend to feel good about themselves
- Feel in control in their lives
- Are optimistic
- Enjoy other people
- Have learned how to relax and quiet their mind
- Can manage negative thoughts and feelings
- Rather than focusing on what is lacking in their lives, they tend to focus on what they DO have