You’ve probably heard of all the wonderful mental and physical benefits of cold therapy like:
• Reducing inflammation
• Reducing aches and pains
• Improving immune and circulatory system function
• Increasing fat-burning by increasing brown fat
• Increasing mood-boosting endorphins
• Helping stop hair loss and increase shine
• Improving skin appearance and complexion
• Improve circulatory issues
But have you actually tried it yet?
I first heard of Cold Therapy years ago when I learned that all the top athletes like LeBron James and Tom Brady use it, as well as the lovely Katharine Hepburn, but I really didn’t want to actually try it myself because I’m a beach girl at heart and well, I just don’t like the cold!
for the last few months I’ve been researching it more seriously and the evidence is so overwhelming I decided to try it!
You might wanna try it to but here’s the thing: It’s EASY but it’s not fun!
And you CAN do it so this is what you do:
1. Finish your shower with 10-12 minutes of the coldest water possible alternating areas of your body that the water hits like your face, neck, chest, stomach, hips, back of your neck, mid back OR
2. Finish your shower with 10-12 minutes of alternating between 10 seconds of the coldest water you can stand with 10 seconds of hot water
But there’s more! Because I thought you might like some support on this I decided to create a Challenge Group so we can do it together! ARE YOU WITH ME? If so, here’s how you can be a part:
1. Go on Facebook and “Like” my page and my recent post on this Cold Therapy Challenge Group
2. Comment: “I’m in!”on the post (so I know you’re out there!)
3. Starting Saturday, July 14th until Saturday, July 28th every time you take a shower EITHER:
4. Check in with our Challenge Group and report how it’s going!
The rest is to just reap the rewards of committing to something that, in spite of not being easy or “comfortable” reaps big time rewards and benefits both physically and emotionally AND get the support of knowing you are not alone and others are doing it with you…SO LET’S DO IT!