My philosophy is you can’t stay fit and healthy if you don’t like the food you eat every day. This is why I only eat food I LOVE and often times that entails finding healthy versions of old favorites.
Here’s one of my favorite healthy recipes especially for those of you who have kids…or like to feel like one!
These moist, yummy, cookie dough balls are the perfect quick energy snack to pop into your mouth in the middle of a busy afternoon. Just don’t be surprised when you find yourself smiling from ear to ear!
What makes these cookie dough balls a healthy source of energy rather than a fattening treat? The ingredients that we are using, of course! Low carb and sugar almond flour, natural almond butter and high quality protein powder create a trifecta of wholesome, complex carbs, usable protein and satiating, good-for-you fat. Also important is the distinct lack of simple sugars that you’d find in traditional cookies.
- 2 cups of organic almond flour
- ¼ cup of ground organic flax seed
- 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- 2 scoops organic Vanilla Protein Powder (about 2/3 cup)
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1 cup of natural no sugar organic almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- ½ cup filtered water (or coffee for a caffeine boost!)
- ½ cup of stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- sprinkle of Celtic sea salt
- Place four, ground flax seed, cinnamon, vanilla protein powder, stevia, almond butter, vanilla extract, and water (or coffee) in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Note: the mixture will appear crumbly, but once you press it together it will stick.
- Form the energy bite mixture into 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Store in refrigerator or freezer and ENJOY!