You can’t build the confidence and self-esteem necessary to be able to set healthy emotional boundaries if you’re not first true to yourself. Without first being true to yourself, you won’t to be able to stand strong on your own when it gets windy and times get tough.
To be true to yourself means to act in accordance with who you are and what you believe – in other words, living by your values – even if other people don’t like it! 🙂
If you are craving guidance and wisdom from your Higher Self for help in being true to yourself to gain confidence, here’s some tips to get you started:
- Take responsibility for your own happiness. (It’s not up to anyone else to make you happy – not your spouse, boss, kids, friends, the world or whatever!)
- Get out of your mind and drop down into your heart. (The heart always knows the truth and is the home of love and love always wants what’s best for ALL, including YOU!)
- Lovingly, yet sternly, remove unsupportive and toxic people. (Energy and beliefs are contagious be careful who you have in your physical and emotional proximity as you will soon entrain each other!)
- Accept yourself and stop trying to be “likable”. (The only one that really needs to “like” you is YOU. No none else can give you the love and approval you seek outside yourself. Until you get if from within, you will always be a bottomless pit!)
- Learn how to say “no” without feeling you have to justify or give a reason. (Period.)
Watch this video to learn more about how to “say no” without feeling guilty!